- COVID-19 Emergency Rental Assistance – Montgomery County reopened its short-term Emergency Rental Assistance Program during August for tenants who were at least one month delinquent on their rent due to COVID-related impact. The Housing Opportunities Commission is providing up to $600 a month for 3 months, for a total of $1,800 per household – See the FAQ. THE APPLICATION PORTAL IS CLOSED. Applications have been processed and funds disbursed. Please contact HOC at 240-627-9606.
- CDC Extends Temporary Moratorium on Evictions During COVID – The Center’s for Disease Control halts evictions for qualifying renters through March 31, 2021 to prevent the further spread of COVID-19. Renters must certify income loss due to Covid. NOTE: Arrears and late fees will accumulate. Contact HIP’s counselors to see if you meet CDC criteria – We can help you complete the required Declaration Form.
- Burial Assistance Program – Grants to help pay for burial costs are available through Housing Stabilization Services. Household income must be below 60% of Area Median Income, and must meet additional eligibility criteria to receive a grant of $650. Please contact the Department of Health & Human Services by dialing 3-1-1.
COVID VACCINATION PROCESS
Montgomery County is currently prioritizing front-line healthcare workers, nursing home staff and residents, first responders, and adults age 75+.
Please pre-register now! For the latest info about vaccinations, click below:
Drive-up and walk up testing is available Monday – Friday for residents, with or without symptoms, and no Doctor’s note is needed. No Government ID is required! Appointments are not required but recommended to reduce wait times.
Call the Testing Helpline at 240-777-1755 – Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., seven days a week.
If you are mildly symptomatic and need testing, county officials recommend you use these clinics:
- Gaithersburg: CDC Mobile Testing Trailer at Lakeforest Mall
- Germantown: Parking garage behind Regal Cinema
- Silver Spring: CDC Mobile Testing Trailer at Recreation Department Admin Building
Daily updates about the county’s response is available:
Critical services are also available to help your entire family through the pandemic:
- Montgomery County Public Schools and Lunch Locations – MCPS began the 2020-21 school year on Monday, August 31 with virtual learning through the first semester. No in-person classes are currently being held.
- Montgomery County Food Council – Provides information on the location, hours, and eligibility guidelines of more than 100 sites where residents can access food and benefits application assistance.
- Manna Food Center – County residency eligibility applies, call 301-424-1130. Manna can arrange drop-off service for seniors and residents with disabilities who are not able to pick up food items at their food pantry sites.
Free Outdoor Wi-Fi available at 10 Public Libraries
Montgomery County has leveraged federal COVID-19 funding to install outdoor public Wi-Fi, available 24 hours, at the following 10 MCPL locations: Aspen Hill, Davis (N. Bethesda), Gaithersburg, Germantown, Maggie Nightingale (Poolesville), Marilyn Praisner (Burtonsville), Rockville Memorial, Twinbrook, Wheaton, and White Oak branches; and in front of the Silver Spring Civic Building at Veterans Plaza.