- Covid Rent Relief Program, Montgomery County’s Department of Health & Human Services (DHHS) – Portal opened April 14, 2021 for applications for its Phase 3 funding for tenants experiencing Covid-related job/income loss.
- County residents may be eligible for assistance up to $12,000 – minus any previous Covid Relief awarded during Phase 1 or Phase 2. Please apply now – do not wait.
- CLICK HERE FOR THE APPLICATION PORTAL AND PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS.
YOU MAY BE ELIGIBLE IF YOU:
- HAVE EXPERIENCED A COVID-19 RELATED LOSS OF INCOME
- OWE AT LEAST $1,000 OR MORE TO CURRENT LANDLORD
- HAVE A GROSS HOUSEHOLD INCOME AT OR BELOW 50% OF AREA MEDIAN INCOME FOR THE LAST 30 DAYS
- HAVE LIVED IN MONTGOMERY CO SINCE AT LEAST AUGUST 2020
HIP’s certified housing counselors can assist you in submitting your documents and completing the application – Please call HIP at 301-916-5946 to schedule an appointment.
- COVID Rent Relief Program, DHHS – Phase 2, October-December 2020 – Montgomery County DHHS launched Phase 2 of its Rent Assistance for residents who certified Covid related loss of income or other impacts. The application period closed in December 2, 2020 and DHHS has processed those applications. Households who qualified received up to $4,000 toward their rental arrears and future expenses. Checks were made out to the landlord.
DHHS Emergency Eviction Assistance – If you are have received an eviction notice on your door from the Montgomery County Sheriff, please dial 3-1-1 and ask for the Dept of Health & Human Services (DHHS). Help may be available.
- CDC Extends Temporary Moratorium on Evictions During COVID – The Center’s for Disease Control halts evictions for qualifying renters through June 30, 2021 to prevent the further spread of COVID-19. Renters must certify income loss due to Covid. NOTE: Arrears and late fees will accumulate. Contact HIP’s counselors to see if you meet CDC criteria – We can help you complete the required Declaration Form – Click Here.
- Burial Assistance Program – Grants to help pay for burial costs are available through Housing Stabilization Services. Household income must be below 60% of Area Median Income, and must meet additional eligibility criteria to receive a grant of $650. Please contact the Department of Health & Human Services by dialing 3-1-1.
Montgomery County has opened its vaccination pre-registration for all residents age 16 and over. Please pre-register now! For the latest info about vaccinations, click below:
Drive-up and walk up testing is available Monday – Friday for residents, with or without symptoms, and no Doctor’s note is needed. No Government ID is required! Appointments are not required but recommended to reduce wait times.
Call the Testing Helpline at 240-777-1755 – Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., seven days a week.
If you are mildly symptomatic and need testing, county officials recommend you use these clinics:
- Gaithersburg: CDC Mobile Testing Trailer at Lakeforest Mall
- Germantown: Parking garage behind Regal Cinema
- Silver Spring: CDC Mobile Testing Trailer at Recreation Department Admin Building
Daily updates about the county’s response is available:
Critical services are also available to help your entire family through the pandemic:
- Montgomery County Public Schools – MCPS began the 2020-21 school year on Monday, August 31, 2020 with virtual learning through the 1st & 2nd semesters. Students have begun to phase back into in-person learning as of April 2021.
- Montgomery County Food Council – Provides information on the location, hours, and eligibility guidelines of more than 100 sites where residents can access food and benefits application assistance.
- Manna Food Center – County residency eligibility applies, call 301-424-1130. Manna can arrange drop-off service for seniors and residents with disabilities who are not able to pick up food items at their food pantry sites.
Free Outdoor Wi-Fi available at 10 Public Libraries
Montgomery County has leveraged federal COVID-19 funding to install outdoor public Wi-Fi, available 24 hours, at the following 10 MCPL locations: Aspen Hill, Davis (N. Bethesda), Gaithersburg, Germantown, Maggie Nightingale (Poolesville), Marilyn Praisner (Burtonsville), Rockville Memorial, Twinbrook, Wheaton, and White Oak branches; and in front of the Silver Spring Civic Building at Veterans Plaza.