Covid Rent Relief Program, Phase 3 – Montgomery County’s Department of Health & Human Services (DHHS) – Portal opened in April 2021 for applications from tenants experiencing Covid-related job/income loss.
- Montgomery County residents may be eligible for assistance up to $12,000 – minus any previous Covid Relief awarded during Phase 1 or Phase 2. Please apply now – do not wait.
- Having a social security number is not required. You will not be asked about your status.
Click the links below:
YOU MAY BE ELIGIBLE IF YOU:
- HAVE EXPERIENCED A COVID-19 RELATED LOSS OF INCOME
- OWE AT LEAST $1,000 OR MORE TO CURRENT LANDLORD
- HAVE A GROSS HOUSEHOLD INCOME AT OR BELOW 50% OF AREA MEDIAN INCOME FOR THE LAST 30 DAYS
- HAVE LIVED IN MONTGOMERY COUNTY SINCE AT LEAST August 1, 2020
HIP’s certified housing counselors can assist you in submitting your documents and completing the application either in-person or virtually – Please call HIP at 301-916-5946 to schedule an appointment.
CDC EVICTION PROTECTION ORDER NO LONGER VALID
DHHS Emergency Eviction-Relocation Assistance – If you are have received an eviction notice on your door from the Montgomery County Sheriff, please dial 3-1-1 and ask for the Dept of Health & Human Services (DHHS). Help may be available to cover relocation expenses and first month’s rent/deposit.
- Burial Assistance Program – Grants to help pay for burial costs are available through Housing Stabilization Services. Household income must be below 60% of Area Median Income, and must meet additional eligibility criteria to receive a grant of $650. Please contact the Department of Health & Human Services by dialing 3-1-1.
- FEMA is also offering a federal Burial Assistance Reimbursement Program that provides up to $9K reimbursement for funeral, interment & cremation expenses for COVID-19 related deaths that occurred after Jan. 20, 2020.
Montgomery County is encouraging all residents ages 17 and over to be vaccinated. Masks and face coverings are required to be worn indoors regardless of vaccination status.
For the latest info about vaccinations, click below:
For a list of Testing Sites, please call the Testing Helpline at 240-777-1755 – Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., seven days a week.
Daily updates about the county’s response is available:
PUBLIC SCHOOLS —
Montgomery County Public Schools – MCPS Schools will be open 5 Days a Week for In-person learning for the 2021-2022 School Year, which began on Monday, Aug 30 for traditional schools. Learn more
Critical services are also available to help your family through the pandemic:
- Montgomery County Food Council – Provides information on the location, hours, and eligibility guidelines of more than 100 sites where residents can access food and benefits application assistance.
- Manna Food Center – County residency eligibility applies, call 301-424-1130. Manna can arrange drop-off service for seniors and residents with disabilities who are not able to pick up food items at their food pantry sites.
Public Libraries and Senior Centers have Reopened —
Montgomery County has announced the reopening of several libraries and senior centers across the county for limited hours and public access. Masks are required. Click here for a list of locations and their status.