- Community Development Network of Maryland (CDN) – Best Community Development Collaboration for Residences at Springbrook, co-developers HIP, Banc of America CDC & Parallax Development Group, Nov 2022
- Citation, from US Representative Anthony G. Brown (D-MD), in recognition of HIP’s 30 Years of Service to families in Prince George’s County, Nov 2019
- Development Network of Maryland (CDN) – Best Community Development Collaboration – Purple Line Corridor Coalition Housing Group, Nov 2019
- United Communities Against Poverty (UCAP) – Appreciation Award, May 2018
- Chesapeake Bay Trust’s Melanie Teems Award for green revitalization work in the Kentland and Palmer Park neighborhoods, Jan 2018
- Bank of America Neighborhood Excellence Initiative – Neighborhood Builder Award (National Recognition)
- Standards for Excellence Institute Accreditation, 2015
- Catalogue for Philanthropy Designation as “One of the Best Nonprofits,” 2013-2014
- Prince George’s County Council Proclamation of Congratulations on 25th Anniversary, 2014
- Maryland Affordable Housing Trust Award of Excellence – MAHT salutes HIP “for its passion for low-income housing and for being bullish about Prince Georges County.
- House by house, homeowner by homeowner, HIP is changing the face of neighborhoods by finding the perfect combination of the house, quality rehab and affordable financing, and client education. HIP masters the identifying and layering of all available funding sources.”
- Prince George’s County Community Development Block Grant Program – “For perseverance and Dedication to Developing Quality Affordable Housing.”
- Prince George’s County, Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development Best Practices Award for Inner-beltway Revitalization.
- Washingtonian Magazine TWICE highlighted HIP as one of the best nonprofit organizations to give money to in the region.
- Independence Now, Inc. – 10th Anniversary Award of Recognition “In appreciation of your partnership to increase housing opportunities for Prince George’s County residents with disabilities”
- The Purpose Prize Fellow, in recognition of Mosi Harrington, Executive Director
- Housing Association of Nonprofits Developers (HAND) – Best Government Housing Initiative for Montgomery County’s Foreclosure Initiative–HIP is a partner in providing foreclosure counseling services in its Germantown office.
- Bounce Back Program, Innovation Award, ABCD Network
- HIP Services Counselor, J. Scott Hutchison named ‘Champion of Services’
HIP’s Mt. Rainier Artists’ Apartments – Mt. Rainier, MD
- National American Institute of Architects’ “Show You’re Green” Award
- The Washington Business Journal’s Best Real Estate Deals for the Best Sustainable Growth/Environmental Impact
- National Association of Local Housing Agencies’ Meritorious Award
- Housing Association of Nonprofit Developer’s Best Project in Maryland
- State of Maryland’s Smart Growth Award
- Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development’s Commitment to Excellence Award for Multifamily Housing—Honorable Mention
- State of Maryland’s American Institute of Architects Honor for design