If you can’t make our Saturday workshop, another option for homebuyers would be to enroll in the eHome online course, which is self-paced. eHome also qualifies for a certificate. Meanwhile, if you are not sure you’re ready to embark on the homebuying process, we encourage you to register for HIP’s free, 1-hour virtual Orientation Session on Zoom on Wednesdays from 7-8PM for a quick overview.
NOTE – The Orientation Session is introductory only and will not qualify for a certificate.
Housing Initiative Partnership (HIP) is a HUD-approved counseling agency.
HIP’s in-person Homebuyer Education Seminar is held on Saturdays at 9:00 am. The fee for the class is $30 per person. Each participant must register in advance and will be provided with lunch and a certificate of completion. The in-person locations may vary.
You will need to complete the online registration form and pay the $30 registration fee via Eventbrite.
(Note, Eventbrite will assess a processing fee. Each participant must register in advance in order to receive the certificate of completion.)
To register, visit HIP’s EventBrite registration page
You will learn about:
- Affordable mortgage loans.
- How your credit will affect your monthly payments.
- How to select your team: Realtors, Loan Officers, Home Inspectors, Insurance Agents.
- Understanding what you are signing (and paying for) at closing.
- Resources available for downpayment and closing cost assistance.