Step One: Obtain a hard copy application and instructions.
Step Two: Complete hard copy application, and make copies of all the required supporting documentation.
Step Three: Place completed application and supporting documentation in a SEALED envelope. On the outside of the sealed envelope, write: ERA Application, your name, your address, date. A hard copy application will not be considered complete unless it includes:
- Completed Application: See Step One above.
- Photo Identification: Copy of a Driver’s License, Photo ID, or passport for each adult member.
- Lease: First and signature pages.
- Rent Ledger: Obtain up-to-date rent ledger from landlord.
- Landlord’s IRS Tax Form W-9: Obtain W-9 from landlord.
- Proof of loss of income due to Covid-19: Notice or email from employer documenting job loss, furlough, closure, reduction in hours, or other documentation that supports your loss of income due to Covid-19.
- Proof of income for past 30 days: Bank statements (ALL PAGES), paystubs, unemployment insurance, and/or SS award letters for each adult member of the household.
Step Four: Within 3 (three) business days from the date you drop off your documents to the City of Bowie, the ERA processor will confirm receipt of your application and required supporting documents via email. If any required documents are missing, you will be notified at that time. Applications are assessed on a first come first served basis, and an application will not be considered complete and ready for review until all documents have been uploaded.
Step Five: Once your application and all required supporting documents have been received, you will receive a confirmation that your application is complete. It will take up to 15 business days for a determination to be made.