HIP’s Artists’ Housing
3801 33rd Street
Mt. Rainier, Maryland
“With an uplifting design to match its program, HIP’s Artists Housing sets the bar high for affordability, sustainability, and design excellence in the Gateway Arts District.”
March, 2007 Architecture DC magazine
HIP’s award-winning building in Mount Rainier’s National Historic District offers 12 distinctive 1-bedroom apartments for very low-income artists. The building was completely renovated in 2003 to provide an inviting, creative, and green living space for its residents.
- 12 one-bedroom, one bath apartments;
- Modern kitchen with maple cabinets;
- Utility sink in every unit;
- Tankless hot water heaters;
- Rooftop deck overlooking a green roof;
- Units flooded with natural light;
- Hardwood floors in 10 units;
- Convenient to shopping and public transportation.
- Maximum of 2 persons per apartment.
- Households must earn a minimum gross income of $14,400 per year.
- Maximum household incomes are based on household size. Effective July 14th, 2011, a 1-person household can earn no more than $$30,850/year. A 2-person household can earn no more than $35,250/year.
- Household income includes all income earned by household members 18 years or older.
- As of 7/2011, the rent is $650/month, not including utilities. Please contact the property manager to find out if you qualify.
Map & Area Amenities
Click on thumbnails to see full size photos or use the slideshow above.